Our Eat Share Thrive programs provide services that build community, restore hope and empower lives.
Through our Service Provider (OneHope Community Care) we deliver a range of services that help those in the community who need support and those experiencing disadvantage and social isolation. These programs provide community centred practical support while fostering meaningful relationships and creating opportunities for social participation. We believe that strong relationships are a powerful tool that can create meaning, purpose and a sense of value.
The key purpose of the Eat.Share.Thrive program is to increase food access and therefore improve food security for disadvantaged and vulnerable people. Furthermore, to provide community connection opportunities and participation for Geelong residents. The key objectives are to provide cooked meals, fresh produce, pantry items, community connection opportunities, and increase skills and wellbeing, for those who are disadvantaged, marginalised, and socially isolated.
Current Programs facilitated by our Service Providers include:
- Facilitate a Community meal once a week
- Facilitate a Foodbank once a week
- Community engagement groups such as ‘Cook and Connect’
- Special activities to increase community connection and well being awareness, eg, Christmas lunch, ‘are you ok? Day’ etc
- Assistance for people to access or connect into services or meaningful activities in the community.
Our Impact Goals
- Those socially isolated build connections within their own community.
- Increased food security for those experiencing food insecurity: increased access to food, increased confidence and knowledge in cooking skills, hygiene and nutrition.
- Provide supportive listening and referrals to those socially isolated and disconnected eg. Homeless services.